I blogged about de-cluttering a few weeks back. I have been working on it slowly, but surely. I get such a feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment when I make something nice and orderly.
Here is my list and what i've accomplished:
THE PLAN OF ATTACK -- Update (green being a good update and red being a not so good update)
* KITCHEN - CUTLERY DRAWER: somehow all the cutlery that i had in a box stored in the basement got unpacked by a certain husband and dumped into the cutlery drawer. now it's overflowing and nothing fits. i need to get rid of about 100 spoons. Update: Cutlery drawer is good to go. It is so nice not having it overflow and become a huge pile. Pleased to say, this was a success.
* LIVING ROOM - ENTERTAINMENT UNIT: our movies and tv shows are out of control. nothing has cases and there's CDs mixed up everywhere. got to get a system of some kind. Updated: Discs are organized! They are in cases with labels and not piled everywhere. Music is with music, movies with movies, tv shows with tv shows, and andrew's stuff all in one case.
* BATHROOOM - UNDER THE SINK: just needs to be cleaned out and the old stuff thrown out and maybe a nice basket for everything to sit in. Update: I started this and there really wasn't all that much under the sink...it was just thrown haphazardly made to look like a junk pile. i have now identified that I don't need to buy tampons for about a year because I found 5 boxes. Everything is in a basket now.
* 3RD BEDROOM - COMPUTER DESK: is a crazy mess of tiny little pieces of receipts. 'nuff said. Updated: I cheated on this one and got the hubster to clean it off. He did a good job.
* ANDREWS BEDROOM - HIS CLOTHES: we sort through them every couple months and still somehow they end up all crazy again days later. i hate little kid clothes. seriously. Update: Haven't even started. :( Although we are working on containing his clothes to his bedroom.
* MASTER BEDROOM - OUR CLOTHES: need to take out old and not worn clothes. same as always. Update: Negatory on this one too. Although we are working very hard at putting the clothes away after laundering them... This is helping...
* BASEMENT - SHELVING UNIT: it's a zoo down there. i think the animals rearranged when i wasn't looking. *sigh* Update: Even zooier. It's crazy down there.
* ANDREWS TOYS - these are strewn about the house and really we need to get rid of his infant toys and only have the ones he plays with. Updated: we started this. All his cars have been put in a bucket and put away for the minute. I put a bunch of toys that he's too old for and have them in a box ready to go to church to be donated to the nursery. There is still much to do though.
So, I figure it's not such a bad update. I've done five of the eight areas. I'll keep plugging away and probably identifying new areas that need help (ie. craft area).
0 comments:
Post a Comment