dinah34 Saturday, December 27, 2008

Here's how it all went down this Christmas.

It was all over in less then 3 hours. 3 weeks of preparing, cleaning, shopping, and more cleaning...for 3 hours.

Nobody hardly ate anything, so now I have a fridge full of food that needs to be eaten STAT. My uncle sat in his car and took a work call for about 45 minutes. My aunt didn't come because she was sick. My one cousin didn't show because he had 'other' plans. My husband ended up stuck at work until 7 PM and as soon as he got home we opened presents and they all left.

All in all quite typical for my family. I don't think I would want to host every year as the cost is astronomical, so I'm already working on one of my other cousins to host next year. If they decline, then we're going to his wife's family's house for Christmas I've decided. & I've got a good memory.

PS. The perishky's were a popular item (& there is still about 2 dozen safely stored in my freezer) and so were the sausage rolls. They are the only items mostly eaten.

2 comments:

Northern Living Allowance said...

Wow. I'm not sure what to say except pack up some of that food for me and I'll pay for the shipping! Families, eh?

Anonymous said...

Wow. Sorry to hear it wasn't so hot, but, if that's what you're use to, maybe it wasn't so bad?

What northern said.. Families!