dinah34 Friday, December 12, 2008

This week at life there is much to report. It feels like everything is such a whirlwind these days!

The Highlights:

  • We painted the living room, which I blogged about yesterday. It looks wonderful, but now is taking quite a bit of effort to put back together. There is drywall dust and paint specks everywhere. Guess what I'm spending my Friday night doing?
  • Steve got his PC Points account straightened out finally. Thank Goodness! (There was some glitch the day he applied for the MC and the points were not showing up online or in store) We have 41,339 points already! He got the card in October and I think he's brilliant with it. He uses it and then we come home and he pays it off right away. 41K in points is 40 dollars worth of free merch at Superstore. I am very pleased because that will go a long way towards funding Christmas Eve dinner.
  • Last Saturday we went to the bank to invest Andrew's Christmas money. Nana gives him some money every Christmas for us to invest for him. We met with our favourite bank lady (who is pregnant and going on Maternity Leave soon--gah! we won't be making any financial changes until she comes back!) and put his money into a 4 year GIC @ 4.65%. We chose the 4 year because that way it will mature at the same time as his one from last year. I'm proud to say that our son practically has more investments then we do.
  • While at the bank I got our favourite bank lady to print off a summary of our Mutual Funds. It's a sad state. Mine are down 23% (if I have done my math correctly) and Steve's are down 5% (he put his in Mutual Funds after the big drop...about 2 months ago?). I'm trying to remain positive and remember that these are long term investments and the market will bounce back and the money will grow, etc...but it is so gosh darn hard!
  • I've been playing with this neat little site called Springpad. It's seriously pleasing the chronic list maker that I am. Although, trust me I have recognized the irony that now I have another vehicle to add to the many ways I already make lists...Check it out! I've got my master Christmas Eve Dinner list in there...and yes, I know that I've made one here on my blog as well. But, I love trying to be organized.
  • I finished one cross stitch and have started on the last one. This one is smaller then the other 2 I've done so hopefully I'll just zip through it.
  • Tomorrow we are having some friends over for the evening. It will be low key and I'm not preparing any food or anything. Just a couple of hours with good friends that we don't see nearly enough anymore since we have all grown up. However, having people over does mean that we need to clean up...something we are very good at avoiding. So far I've cleaned my sons room, put the dishes in the dishwasher and turned it on. Not enough progress. So, I'm off to do my interval cleaning and I'll be popping in and out all night.
Cheers!

0 comments: