dinah34 Thursday, December 18, 2008

i've just been informed that my husbands company has shifted around their schedule for christmas and they now have him working christmas eve (the night of CEDFH) and having christmas day and boxing day (thursday/friday) off instead of tuesday/wednesday. supposedly they want to have all their staff in on christmas eve to get things all ready for the weekend because the warehouse is closed on christmas day (secretly i think they just don't want to pay for people to work the stat on boxing day).

now i'm terrified to have CEDFH without him being there...and in a way it seems kind of pointless to have a big family dinner without your husband being there? gah.

i feel like crying now. i don't deal well with unexpected change.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll be fine! Can your Mom come over early and help with the food?
With having Monday and Tuesday off you will have lots of time to prepare.

The Christmas Brady was 2 months old I hosted Christmas dinner for 23 people. Cooked both a turkey and a ham! I was really upset as well when I found out Glen was working until 5 that day so even with him being home for the meal he was not around to help with the baby or the prep.

If I can survive that you can survive this year's CE!! Just remember it's just family and a few apps. Try and enjoy it.

It is too bad that Steve won't be there with you. That would really suck. I would be ticked as well.

kasanika said...

What a supreme bummer that they've shifted his schedule around last minute, how Scrooge of them!

You are so organized, you will get through it .. K has some great suggestions, just try to enjoy it as best you can.

Anonymous said...

Just remember your family is coming to see you and your little one. Not to inspect your house or critic the food. Just relax and enjoy the company.

Hope they let Steve off early!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear about the Christmas shuffle. But, I am sure you will do just fine. Family seems to know the right time to step in and help. I am sure this will be know exception.

Enjoy your dinner. Family blunders are what makes great memories! (lol! just kidding - omit 'blunders'). Enjoy the dinner, family and holiday. And don't forget to smile! :)