dinah34 Wednesday, December 17, 2008


We're halfway through December and I just want to check in with my December Goals.

My Goals for December are...

  • Not purchase any more yarn/thread/crafty stuff until i have decreased my stash by 50%.
  • Bring Mini Holiday savings to $300 dollars
  • De clutter the basement
  • Complete all gifts to give to family/friends
  • Host Christmas Eve dinner with a smile surrounded by good food and a clean house
  • Enjoy Christmas
I did a blog entry 1 week into December to keep myself on track and now I want to write the mid-month update.

1. No More Craft Purchases--Check! I have been working on my cross stitches for Christmas presents that i bought months ago so my mind has not been wandering to buying new stuff.

2. 300 buckaroonies in the holiday account--Well on the way. There is $264.95 in there right now and today I am dropping off some more orders I had so I will be able to add $23 dollars to that account bringing it up to $287.95. Sweet!

3. Clean up the dungeon--We had a good start to this goal but have been neglecting it since the initial heave ho. It is definitely in a presentable state now...just needs a little more work to be fab-u!

4. Finish the handmade pressies--I'm on my last cross sititch. After that I have one more slipper to make for my aunt (1 evenings work). I am going to my Grandmothers this Saturday to work on the felted wreaths. If I have time I want to make nuts n bolts or granola or hot chocolate for people for Christmas...but I'm not panicked to make that happen.

5. Clean House and Smile for CEDFH (New acronym for Christmas Eve Dinner from Hell)--Still hopefully optimistic. As fast as I clean my 3 year old messes it up again, and I never seem to catch up on laundry and there's a layer of drywall dust on everything no matter how much i mop/sweep and i can't find all my serving platters and my 3 year old dropped one of my serving dishes that fits the set that goes on my lazy susan and we have not gone shopping yet and and and and and i'm getting worked up again thinking about it all.

6. Enjoy Christmas!--So far I am feeling zen and enjoying everything. We put up our tree last Saturday and it makes it really feel like the Season is here!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like things are going great for you on the goal front :) Well done!!

Only one more week until you CEDFH! lol.