dinah34 Sunday, December 21, 2008


I took last Wednesday off as a Holiday Day and so me and Steve went out and finished up our Christmas Shopping and did our Big Shop for the CEDFH. We were dropping off some crafts at a friends house in the South and so we went to the Superstore over there. It's the first Superstore that they built in Winnipeg years and years and years ago and it's cramped and poorly designed. There were also hordes of senior citizens there doing their shopping and some very frazzled looking SAHMs. It was a very stressed store and I just couldn't get in my Zen shopping place. As a result I don't think we did all that good.

I'm feeling lazy today and I'm just going to seperate our items into 3 columns. CEDFH, Christmas Presents, and Our Stuff.

CEDFH
Onion Soup Mix for Dip - 1.48
Refried Beans - 2.48
Salsa - 1.98
Margarine - 1.67
Plum Sauce - 2.19
Chicken Fingers - 6.99
Nuts - 6.48
Honey - 2.48
Broccoli - 1.87
Parmasen Cheese - 4.69
Triscuits - 1.99
Sausage rolls - 3.99
Cream Cheese - 4.56
Lettuce - 1.58
Tostitos - 2.96
Baby Carrots - 2.48
Celery - 1.28
Cucumbers - 1.28
Oranges - .87
Tomatoes - 1.42
Tortillas - 2.99
Taco Seasoning - .88
Grape Tomatoes - 2.97
Cinnamon Sticks - 2.68
JuJubes - 3.05
Christmas Candies (which I see now weren't rung through properly and we were severely over charged) - 11.31
Dry Cranberry - 3.26
Gouda Cheese - 6.30
Havarti Cheese - 4.77
Cheddar Cheese - 5.51
Mozzarella - 5.63
Cloves (holy expensive batman!) - 7.69
Cranberry Juice - 4
Havarti Jalapeno Cheese - 4.77
6 Cases of Pop - 13.32
Total of 133.85

Our Stuff
Ice Cream - 6.29
Splenda - 8.47
Ice Cream - 6.48
Cereal - 4.17
Ice Cream (Yes, my husband LOVES ice cream) 5.29
Banana's - 1.31
Freezer Bags - 5.28
Toilet Paper (24) - 5.48
Total of 42.77

Christmas Presents
DVD 9.99
DVD 6.99
Razor Blades (stocking stuffer) - 17.29
Chocolate - 11.99
Deodorant (stocking stuffer) - 3.09
Deodorant (stucking stuffer) - 2.59
Spiderman Bubble Bath - 5.99
Huge Ass Fire Truck - 49.99
Total of 107.92

Taxes
GST - 7.70
PST - 10.77

Grand Total of $303.01ish. My Mathing might not be very good on this one. Our bill is all crazy looking too, so I'm getting confused.

We got $117.40 in discounts this time!!! Here's how:

$10 coupon off Huge Ass Fire Truck
$30 coupon from Superstore for spend $250 get $30 off
$26.20 Colleague Discount
$40 in PC Points Redeemed
$5 off coupon
$6.20 in Superbucks
Total After Discounts...drum roll please...$185.61

So while I feel we could have done better (ie. the severly being overcharged for christmas candies! and all the friggin' ice cream) I think getting over 100 dollars in discounts was pretty darn good!

A lot of the items we bought for CEDFH will still be around after the meal is over (ie. honey
and cloves) so we won't have to purchase those at later dates.

In total so far CEDFH is $149.31 (Egads!) and I still need to get bread and mushrooms...and beer. Holy Crap that's expensive! It had better go well!

Cheers!

PS. you might think I'm horribly cheap for putting things like deodarant and razor blades in christmas stockings...but I'm okay with that. I'm all about the practical.

0 comments: