
It's been 1 week since I made my goals for December and I just want to check in to so everyone can know how they are going for me.
Not purchase any more yarn/thread/crafty stuff until i have decreased my stash by 50%.
Check! I have not stepped into the craft section of any store. I have been working on ideas to use up what I have.
Bring Mini Holiday savings to $300 dollars
Getting There! I'm pleased to report that our Mini Holiday savings fund is sitting at $209.95. I think this progress will slow the closer we get to Christmas as we will need extra money to put towards purchasing food for Christmas Eve dinner.
De clutter the basement
Getting There! Steve and I worked on the cleaning up/sorting through/decluttering the basement 3 nights last week. I am quite please with how nice it is looking down there.
Complete all gifts to give to family/friends
Slightly Worried. This is one area I am worried about. I have a large list of things I want to complete before Christmas and some of them are very time consuming. I will work on prioritizing absolutes from wants. I have also started bringing my cross stitch to work and doing it during lunch. That has helped.
Host Christmas Eve dinner with a smile surrounded by good food and a clean house
Hopefully optimistic. My father has been over drywalling the living room and kitchen and we hope to paint the living room Tuesday and Wednesday. After that then we will put the tree up. I plan to spend the 2 days I am off work before Christmas cleaning up and preparing as much food in advance as possible.
Enjoy Christmas
Check! So far I am feeling quite liberated by Christmas. I have my menu for Christmas Eve dinner in place. I have asked each family coming to bring something (ie. my aunt and uncle are bringing their homemade wine and devilled egss. my parents are bringing egg nog and a cheese ball. Grandma has supplied us with perogies and perishky already.) I am making 4 gift baskets this year (one for parents, aunt, aunt & uncle, and grandma). We have Andrews gifts purchased/prepared already. I've sent my Hitched Secret Santa gift already. My spirits are quite high.
At this point the only thing I am feeling any stress over is that my husband does not get any time off over Christmas. The only days off he gets are Christmas Eve (because that is his normal day off) and Christmas Day. He will be at work every other day this holiday season. It makes me sad.
2 comments:
Things are looking good!!
Well done on the non-purchase on crafty stuff!!
Good luck on getting those gifts completed :)
LOL! love "Host Christmas Eve dinner with a smile surrounded by good food and a clean house". You seem to have a lot cut out for yourself. So, please do make sure you smile while hosting. :)~
Post a Comment