dinah34
Friday, April 9, 2010
Thank goodness today is Friday. This week felt like it was never going to end!
Just a bunch of little snippets today while I eat my Raisin Bran (yep, that's right, Raisin Bran on a Friday night) and wait for Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution to start.
- In work news, today was the other civilian's last day. Monday she starts another job with the Department. I'm sad to see her go, but also maybe a little secretly glad because she was starting to outshine me in the work department. :P Now it's back to me being the only civvy and therefore the best civvy. :)
- Remember how I had emailed Betty in Edmonton about the CR-05 position? She emailed me back yesterday and let me know that there was a Winnipeg position open as well and was I interested in that one. I immediately said yes and she invited me to write the test! I go for that next Friday, the 16th!!! Yay me!
- So now because of the test I have quite a few policies/directives/boring shit to read about Information Management. Yawn. I also have a rather thick required book to read for my discernment committee. & about a dozen 'recommended' books to read. (I'm thinking I might do a post tomorrow solely about all these books). & I have a Worship Service to create. So, lots to do and not so much time for relaxation this weekend.
- My aunt is in town! Yippee! Hope to get to visit with her before she leaves.
- We did our taxes. We are just about breaking even. From what I owed, what H&R Block charged us (read here about why we don't do our taxes ourselves), and what Steve was getting back I think we are getting a .38 cent refund. I'm a little sad as I was planning to put our refund towards spending money for the UK trip...but life goes on I guess and we'll just have to watch our pounds more carefully while we are on Holiday.
- My church is trying something new. Starting this Sunday we are going to be having a shorter service for children and their parents and any adults that are interested in learning more about faith (& perhaps helping with the little ones). This weeks activity is Name Tags. :P
That's about it. I'm feeling quite tired from all the stuff I've been doing and now I'm going to go lay on the couch.
Have a great weekend everyone.
0 comments:
Post a Comment