dinah34 Sunday, April 18, 2010

These things I now know to be true when I might not have know about it in the past (how's that for a mouthful?):

  • God exists & I believe in God.
  • Everything is not so black & white. Grey is perfectly acceptable as well.
  • Everyone is called to ministry. God is calling me to serve.
  • Things are hard.
  • Christ is Awesome & Scary at the same time. It's okay to be simultaneously awed and scared.
  • Christ was crucified & rose on the third day.
  • God is Christ is Holy Spirit.
  • Evil as an entity-a force-most likely exists. I'm still a fence sitter.
  • The United Church of Canada is a nice place to be. We are always trying to do the right thing.
  • It's worth it to read the bible. Take it slow.
  • There is so much more then just the words. Historical, political, theological, and emotional contexts are KEY. Look beyond the words.
  • Faith & Spirituality don't just happen. You have to work at it. Fill yourself with the LORD. Pray, think, stare into space, talk to others, meditate, read, whatever. Challenge yourself.
  • It's good to tell people that I am Christian. I am learning to live my Faith. Especially at work & play.
  • Big words and Big thoughts are no match for small actions & small deeds.
  • It's hard to believe in Jesus & follow him. People who say it's easy have missed the boat.
  • Things got harder to believe as I got older. But I persevere.
  • I can do this. God wants me to and so do I.

0 comments: