I've been sick the last couple days with a bladder infection which has totally sucked. I spent most of the day yesterday at Urgent Care and while waiting did quite a bit of reading. I finished reading Harry Potter & The Philosopher's Stone.
I think I've read that book about a dozen times now. I've read the entire series cover to cover book to book 3 times. & every time a new book came out I'd re-read each book before reading the new book. I like HP, but I wouldn't say that I'm a fanatic. I don't have any paraphernalia, I don't have a secret Harry Potter name, and I don't fancy myself part of Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Gryffindor (does anyone even want to be part of Slytherin?). I may or may not admit to joining a Harry Potter Online Forum a few years ago, but I never made any posts. I couldn't understand all the teenagers. :P
I feel a little squicked out about writing this, but as it stands Books 1 through 3 are my bathroom readers. (oh the embarrassment). I slowly work my way through them, mostly because I've read them so much over the years they have lost the suspense. By the 4th book though, it all changes. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is my all time favourite in the HP series. At this point HP becomes something more then bathroom fare. :P It starts to consume me. I read it before bed, while waiting for supper to cook, on the bus, at lunch, anywhere, anytime. This continues until I finish the series. My husband makes fun of me when I start re-reading the series and Andrew has taken to saying that he hates HP.
Anyways, (see how easily I'm distracted when I'm sick), I started this post to just say that I read another book! & I'm about 3/4 of the way through another book (Little Bee by Chris Cleave). They are definitely on the opposite ends of the literary spectrum. :P I'm not supposed to talk about what Little Bee is about (I think part of the idea of the novel is that you enter it with an open mind and no expectations), but it is a serious adult read. Moving from Quidditch and Spells to Serious Adult Literature is a big jump. But I continue on.
Cheers!
PS. My favourite HP characters are The Weasley Twins. Who's yours?
2 comments:
MINE TOO!! Spooky...
When I was in law school, my roommate and I always joked that we had joined Slytherin.
I liked the first part of the series but felt that it reached its nadir during GoF.
I was fond of Hermione until it became apparent that she and Ron would become an item, but in the end Neville was my favorite.
Post a Comment