dinah34 Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I went to the funeral of an old friends father today. I have not seen my friend in many years. I went through a...shall we say turbulent time a few years ago I distanced myself from many of my friends and family. Most people I've reconnected with over the years, but I never had with Jane. It was very nice seeing her today and in some ways it almost felt like no time had passed. We both cried and I've made the commitment to call her so we can go out for coffee or drinks one night.

I found the whole experience much harder then I was anticipating. Generally funerals don't have much of an effect on me. In a strange way I find them very fascinating. But today I was affected. I know that it is very close to my Father's death still and that events like this will make me sad. I almost felt like I would not be able to return to work in the afternoon.

But, I am glad that I went back to work because I was able to meet with the MFRC 's employment counselor. It was nice to meet with someone and talk about my future. He is going to put me in his database and he gave me some tips for improving my resume/cover letters. He was also telling me about a very interesting sounding job at the Legislature for an MLA.

I emailed Betty from Edmonton about the job and politely declined to continue with the screening process. Husband and I talked about the situation at length and we have decided that for the time being Winnipeg is where we need to be. Andrew has just settled into his new school (& we don't want to replay another disastrous school), my Mom needs us right now, I would have to stop my call to ministry and re-begin the call after a year with another congregation, and the cost of living is so high in Edmonton that we would not be able to enjoy the same standard of living as we do here (ie. Husband staying home with Andrew and working part time in the evenings/weekends). I'm sad, but also feeling like we made the right decision for our family at this time.

Tonight was the second meeting of my discernment committee and I have lots to say on the subject. Just not right now. Right now I'm tired and not doing well with words. I'll have to leave it to another day. In a nutshell though, I don't find I'm communicating very well what I've learned, what I believe, what I've been doing for reflection, and I don't find myself answering their questions very well.

Husband bought a slide converter and we've been transferring slides onto the computer. My Father had a whole box of slides in the basement at his house that no one had ever seen from circa 1983. It's been good for remembering going through all them. I thought I would leave you with some of my favourites.

An absolute gorgeous shot of me.
I love how the picture is cut in half like that.



My beautiful Mother.



This shot reminds me of Jackie O. Look At ME! I'm Jackie O!
Except for the bruised/scraped knee. lol



I don't know who is in the background on this picture or where it was taken,
but I adore how the needles on the tree are clear and the person is blurred.
Love it.



Me & my Father & an etch a sketch & a dolly.
What more could a girl want?

0 comments: