I think I will do a monthly post about what we have flung. Or maybe 2 posts. Or maybe more.
It might be real detailed. And It might not. I don't want to commit to anything at this point.
There are 365 days in the year 2011 and if I fling 5.5 (ish) things a day I will accomplish my goal! Or 167 (ish) flings a month! Or 38 (ish) flings a week!
January Flings!
5 - Went through Andrew's clothes
5 - Went through My clothes
5 - Went through Husbands clothes
5 - Big Bag of random garbage (papers and stuff)
I'm sure there was lots more...but I did this before I started counting. But it's a good start.
2011 - 20 = 1991 things to fling!
1 BIG box that I filled with....
1 old scale
1 mouse pad
1 magic bullet cookbook
1 old belt
2 pairs of pants (that I don't think I ever wore but purchased because they were $5 each)
1 shirt that I've always hated, but still kept for some reason
1 stupid teddy bear that my aunt bought me when i was like 25
1 set of safety something or others that we never used
1 discman circa 2000
1 toddler inflatable toy
1 lame key laniard
1 commodore 64 joystick
1 pkg of flags (don't ask)
1 bag that I don't even know where it came from
1 bob the builder puppet for babies
1 pair of infant mitts
2 books
1 dictionary
5 random toys of Andrew's (snuck those in there)
1 pair of reindeer ears from christmas concert 2009
1 popcorn bucket from Planet 51
27 things! We are taking that sucker to VV today to donate.
I've also filled another garbage with random 'stuff' that I've found along the way - guesstimating it to be 12 things.
1991 - 27 - 12 = 1952 things to fling!
Today we have flung the following into recycling and it feels good not to have the boxes linger around the house:
1 empty TV box
2 empty Dish Boxes
1 empty crock pot box (it was huge!)
Bag of Christmas Paper and other papers - counting it as 2
2 empty mailing tubes that I've been keeping for god knows how long, for god knows what reason
4 98% empty shampoo/conditioner/body wash bottles that have just been lingering in the bathroom for ages
We have also flung from the bathroom:
3 expired and ancient over the counter medication bottles
1 half used hair product that my Mom gave to me because she didn't like it. Thanks Mom.
2 bottles of ancient lotions that have been around since Andrew was at least a baby.
1952 - 12 - 6 = 1934 things to fling!
We've flung 77 items!
Going through the Bathroom today illustrated why purging and flinging is important to do on a regular basis in this house. Under the bathroom sink and on the sink and on the shelf I found 3 packages of opened Tampons. I should not have to buy Tampons for at least a year. In the past though, when I need them I can't see them because they're behind something or under a pile of other things or just not where I'd expect them to be so we run out and purchase more...and then the same situation repeats itself. This happens with a variety of things. Pens. Yarn. Socks (I will not tell you how many packages of brand new socks we have--okay, I will--there's 3 and they are mostly full still and our sock drawer is FULL to the brim with socks). You get the
idea.
Some More January Flings - January 12
We have started the process of going through Andrew's toys and working on getting him to donate, keep, or throw away his toys. He has a lot of little toys (his favourite toys are the McDonald's happy meal toys). So far his keeps are at 2 boxes and a laundry basket with 3 boxes to donate and 1 big bag of garbage.
I'd say we've gone through about 25% of his stuff. I totally did this Clean Sweep Style (anyone remember that show?) and I was the Host pressuring him to make prompt decisions, not change his mind, and probe why needed to keep something. It worked well. I let him win sometimes (ie. he's keeping that damn stuffed snake that he never plays with) and sometimes we over rode him (ie. we got rid of the mini toy car garage because we don't have the cars that fit it anymore). I think the majority of stuff that's left is keeper stuff and now that we've gotten rid of so much we can actually put it in his toy box and in his room.
2 Boxes of Baby Toys/Books with about 12 things in each of them.
1 Giant box of toys with things in it like 2 train sets, old cars, tiger headband, plastic tools, McD's toys, rattles, baby toys, blocks with about 30 things in it
1 bag of garbage filled with broken toys like cars, McD's toys, puzzles missing pieces, random broken Mr. Potato Head stuff, little bits of toys that we couldn't even identify - probably about 50 things.
1 Sit Upon Rocking Horse
2 child chairs
1934 - 107 = 1827 things to Fling! (1827 - hah, that makes me think of Pioneer Times)
We've Flung 184 things!
0 comments:
Post a Comment