We are having friends over on the 22nd for dinner and good conversation. It's been a while since we've had anyone over...and it's the first time these 2 couples will be coming over to our house. I think this Dinner Party is part of the reason while I have been so diligently purging and flinging for the past couple weeks. I want our house to look lovely when they are here.
I've also been thinking a lot about the menu for the evening. Last time (and I guess the first time all 6 of us got together) we had Greek type foods (souvlaki, greek salad, lemon potatoes, grilled veggies). It was all kinds of wonderful heavenly goodness. I want to make something equally as wonderful, but not spend eleventy hours in the ktichen preparing it. At first I was leaning towards doing a fondue...but The Husband is not that fond of fondues and they are a ton of prep work and I am not ready to dig my fondues out of the basement yet. Then I was thinking of doing some kind of Mexican or Tex-Mex dish. Something like burritos and refried beans and dirty rice. But, I think one of the couples are not very adventurous eaters and are watching what they are eating. I've had my brainstorming hat on for ages now.
So, in the end I think I've put together a nice menu....
Snacks
Veggies with Dip OR a cheese tray with crackers
Hot Artichoke Dip with Chips
Starter
French Onion Soup with really crusty French Bread and Gruyere Cheese
Meal
Lasagne
Ceaser Salad and Garlic Cheese Toast
Desert
Some kind of Apple Crumble with Ice Cream
It's definitely not a meal that is outside of my comfort zone. Lasagne is something I like to make. Same with French Onion Soup. I've made apple crumble before.
I was thinking about doing just appy's with some cold cut sandwiches (There is a wonderful wonderful wonderful little German butcher by my work that has the best sandwich meats I have ever tasted in my life) but the grown-upness of a sit down dinner kind of lured me away from appetizers and sandwiches.
So, my dear readers, please tell me which meal should I go for?
1. snacks, soup, and lasagne with desert
OR
2. appy's with cold cut sandwiches
1 comments:
I think snacks, soup + lasagne sounds perfect!!
Post a Comment