dinah34 Friday, January 7, 2011

So, lets hash these goals out some more.  Figure out what exactly I want to do in 2011. 

Let's start out with #1 on the list

1. Health And Wellness

  • Read 25 books in 2011 - Pretty self explanatory and easy to track with a sidebar.
  • Fling 2011 Things in 2011 - Anything that leaves the house either to the garbage, donating, selling, or giving away counts EXCEPT for paper.  I'm not sure exactly how to deal with paper.  1 piece of paper cannot count for 1 thing (or can it?).  Maybe 5 pieces of paper will equal 1 item?  Or I could just decide as I go along.  This is also easy to track with a sidebar.  I may or may not blog about all the items we get rid of (I mean, do I really want to come on here and post every time we throw out a tupperware container that we can't find a lid for? -- probably not). 

    We need to focus on purging toys, paperwork, kitchen related items, and my Dad's stuff (tools mostly) that has taken up space in the basement.
  • I want to eat better and exercise more.  - Still not sure about this one...might just stay as a general goal.

    I have been playing badminton at lunch with the guys once or twice a week.  I definitely want to keep that up.  I want to go for family walks again.  I definitely want to walk the dog more.  I want to exercise at home again.  I am going to think about this more.
  • Weekly Honey-Do Jar - Pretty self explanatory and easy to track with a sidebar.  1 Jar, items written on paper and in the jar, 1 Honey-Do drawn each week.  I don't want these to be stressful or all to time consuming things though.  Stuff like 'arrange cutlery drawer', 'clean fridge', 'vacuum stairs' (something we never seem to do) are good.  I am wondering if there should be 2 jars - 1 with things Husband is good at doing and 1 with things I'm good at doing?

1 comments:

Monster said...

Hey, dinah! I hope you don't mind a comment on an old post.

I was just wondering how the fling 2011 things in 2011 thing was going. Inspired by you I started my own tracker on my fridge. I showed it to my cousin a couple weeks ago and now SHE's keeping track of what she's flinging. She asked me where I got the idea. I'm going to tell her it was my crazy internet friend. :P And now I'm asking you: where'd you get the inspiration?