So, this year I want to make the most BEAUTIFUL and most PERFECT and most COMFY and most WONDERFUL bedspread for our bed. I want it to last forever and to look good forever. I want it to be a labour of love that everyone loves to wrap themselves up in. I want it to be cherished for generations. I want it to be super warm and never rip or tear or come apart.
Tall order, eh?
This is what I want to make. It's called a Babette Blanket and I think that they are the most beautiful, original, perfect, comfy, wonderful blanket that you could ever make. I am just worried about 1.) sewing/joining it all together and 2.) blocking/gauge/making sure all the squares are the right size.
(Babette Blanket Photostream blatantly stolen from the Flicker Babette Blanket Group)
I can watch the photostream of the Babette Blanket all day long. I am just absolutely in love with this blanket, but like I said above both sewing together/joining and gauge/blocking in crochet are not my strong suits. I'd hate to pick a project that I will just end up hating. So, I continue to look for a different, more friendly pattern...and I continue to just watch the photostream.
I am also quite fond of Ripples. I grew up watching my Mom and Grandma make Ripples.
(Ripple Photostream blatantly stolen from Flickr Group)
They remind me of being a little kid at Grandma's and making forts with the ripple afghans. I remember my Mom counting and glaring at the pattern book trying to figure out how to make the ripple. She was never a strong crocheter and the ripple always was wonky. Invariably she would unravel it and send it to Grandma's for her to make. :p
I love all the possible colours you could use and how bright and cheerful they are. I also like the repetitiveness of the pattern and how you can customize it to fit any size or space or personality. I do think every home needs a ripple afghan. But is it THE BEDSPREAD? I"m not sure.
I've also thought about doing a sampler or doing a traditional granny square or some kind of non-traditional square (or circle or octagon). It's even crossed my mind to do another Box Stitch Blanket. They are gorgeous and simple to make. I could lose myself in another Box Stitch. It would be neat to play with colour patterns too.
It's a big decision and I certainly don't want to rush into anything. Any suggestions?
0 comments:
Post a Comment