dinah34
Saturday, January 8, 2011
These are some more details about my plans for 2011...
Being Green And Activism
- I want to move more into purchasing 'green' products. -- The goal being to either move 1 new 'green' product into our usage (ie. shampoo, soap, clothing) or to move 1 new 'green' activity into our lives (ie. bussing, reusing something, whatever, not using something that is not green).
- I also want to begin purchasing Fair Trade Products -- The goal being to move 1 new Fair Trade Product into our usage (ie. coffee, soap, make up, whatever).
These are both easy to track with a sidebar and fairly self explanatory.
Career And Crafts
- Finish that damn cross stitch. -- Ya, I don't know how to measure this one. I think I'm about 40% done? It's hard to say though. I'm feeling weighted down by it though...Maybe I should take a break from it? I dunno. I think finishing it is probably not going to happen.
- Destash -- By the end of the year I would like to have my yarn supply down to 1 plastic bin & to have my WIPs/leftover yarns contained to my large canvas bag. I think this is thoroughly achievable. Right now I seem to have 3 plastic bins, 1 basket, and the canvas bag full of yarn. I've already started to make a yo-yo blanket which is using up my current supply of stuff quite nicely.
- Make a bedspread for our bed. -- It seems silly to work so hard on destashing and then to buy more yarn to make a bedspread...but I'm totally going to do it. We need another bedspread for our bed as our comforter that we had died a sad death just before Christmas and I don't really want to pay tons of money for another one. I've got my eye on some very complicated, but beautiful, patterns. Oh, how I love Ravelry.
- Career Stuff? -- The goal jobwise for 2011 is to a) stay employed and b) go to work. :p I think I'm just gonna not do anything jobwise (unless a fabulous opportunity drops in my lap).
God's Call
- Complete the Leadership Development Module this spring/summer and register for an appropriate number of MDIV courses for the fall/winter -- Self Explanatory and something that I am eager to start!
- Read the New Testament in 2011 - Definitely going to do this again. Self explanatory and easily trackable with a side bar.
All that's left to talk about is the Money Matters stuff. & I'm not sure what all I want to say about that stuff yet. More thinking to do.
It's feeling nice to be reflecting and musing about stuff and things again. Hah. Stuff and Things. I'm so descriptive.
0 comments:
Post a Comment