dinah34 Thursday, January 6, 2011

This all my musings about what I want to do in 2011.  Nothings written in stone and things may change and I might add more and take things out...but I just want to get it all down and OUT THERE.

1. Health And Wellness
  • Read 25 books in 2011 - I worked on this last year.  It was about the only thing I kept up with, but I didn't make the 25 goal.  I think I ended up at about 19 books read.  I have a problem with getting about half way through a book and losing interest and never finishing it.  Right now I have 4 books on the go...so that's a good start!
  • Fling 2011 Things in 2011 - I need to declutter.  We have so much stuff it's becoming ridiculous.  I started this the other night.  We went through our closets/drawers and took out all the old clothing we never wear anymore.
  • I want to eat better and exercise more.  But I'm not sure how exactly I want to go about this yet.  I want to eat less chips and walk the dog more, but I don't want to get into so many walks a day and so many veggies a week....it's too much to track and to easy for me to fall of the wagon.
  • Honey-Do Jar - I want to make a Honey-Do jar for both me and the Husband to work on - maybe do 1 thing each out of it a week?
2. Being Green And Activism
  • I want to move more into purchasing 'green' products.  Right now we purchase environmentally friendly dishwasher detergent.  I bought green laundry detergent last week.  I want to investigate other products and stick with buying good for the Earth things.  I'm thinking I'd like to add 1 new product or 1 new green activity (ie. hanging clothes to dry or something) every month into what we purchase/do.
  • I also want to begin purchasing Fair Trade Products and move them into our rotation for products.  I'm thinking that 1 new product every month is a good as well for this one.
3. Money Matters
  • Build up our EF again.  It's true.  We have no EF anymore.  It's kaput.  Gonzo.  Bit the Dust. I'd like to have $500 in our EF by 2012.
  • Develop a realistic plan with regards to paying down our CC debt/loan debt.  I'm not sure what it is yet...but I don't want to declare 'pay off all debt' and then not be able to follow through and lose interest and give up all together (remember, learning from my mistakes this year!)
  • Build up our Holiday Savings again.  I'd like to go camping this summer (more then once!) and go somewhere warm next winter too.
  • Go Back on the Jars - Living on cash for variable spending is the way to go for us and will make us stop to think about every purchase we make (especially regarding those expensive dinners we're so fond of).
4. Career And Business Crafts (Let's be honest, I have no time for selling things and crafts are way more fun)
  • Finish that damn cross stitch. Or at least get it mostly done?
  • Destash - I made a good go at this last year, but I seriously still have so much yarn that I need to do something with it all because it's just sitting in tubs/bins and taking up space.
  • Make a bedspread for our bed.  I really want to do this...but I can't find the PERFECT pattern yet.
  • Career Stuff?   I dunno.  Keep plugging away?  Apply at what interests me?  I don't really like my job, but I like the benefits and flexibility I get.  The benefits (extra holidays, time off) and flexibility are going to be very important this year.  I think I might just plan on staying put (unless something fabulous drops itself in my lap).
5. God's Call
  • Complete the Leadership Development Module this spring/summer and register for an appropriate number of MDIV courses (hoping for at least 2) for the fall/winter (dependant on timetabling and scheduling).
  • Read the New Testament in 2011 - This was a goal from 2010 that I did not complete.  I read 2 books in their entirety - Matthew & Mark.  I am making this a goal again this year. 
So, I think that's everything that's floating around in my head without going crazy.  Some of them will require daily attention, some weekly, & some monthly.  I wonder if some should be 'must do's!' and if some should be 'would be nice to do's!'  Some of them are no-brainers.  Like taking the Leadership Development Module and working on destashing.

0 comments: