dinah34 Friday, December 5, 2008

It's been a cold week here in the Peg. Windchills in the minus 20's. My work has been having heating issues (which really is a nice way of saying that the first and second floors don't have any heat because they are installing new vents) and there is not supposed to be any heat for a few more weeks. brrrr. i'm used to wearing 2 sweaters to work and having the space heater inches away from me under my desk. Although I will admit that it has been better since they got the heat working in the basement. I'm quite surprised by how much only having heat in the basement has warmed up the first floor. I'm so glad it's Friday.

I've just taken an order for a plarn bag and 2 more dishcloths! I'm-a-happening crafty chick this Christmas. It will be more money to add to my mini-holiday fund. I've got money coming for another item that I made. I'm quite pleased with my sales this Christmas.

Since making the round ripple blanket I've been working on my Cross Stitch. I had totally been neglecting my cross stitch and I had purchased quite a few to make for Christmas. I am about 60% finished one (this picture shows it when it was about 30% done--and photographing cross stitch is harder then it looks I would just like to say) and then I have 1 more I definitely HAVE TO MAKE by Christmas. There are 2 others I bought but I can save them for next Christmas. Thankfully, they are all small projects and the more I do this the faster I get.

I've also discovered that it is hard to craft/prepare for Christmas when your house is in complete disarray because your father decides that now is a great time to finish working on your kitchen/living room remodel that was started exactly 1 year ago. (where is that eye rolling emoticon when i need it?) he's drywalling and mudding and preparing doorways. i hope this is all over with soon. i can't take mess and disorganization and having my kitchen all turned upside down.

Me and Steve also worked at organizing/de-cluttering the basement 3 nights this week!

Saturday is super booked for us. The Bank, an event at my church, Steve has work, and I need to plan an Advent Party. Busy as bees!

1 comments:

Northern Living Allowance said...

Hi Dinah!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Always nice to have new visitors. I will definitely let you know how Gail's Budget Binder is. I'm expecting it the week after next (assuming shipping is still slated for Dec 8).

Take care!