dinah34 Friday, March 3, 2006

Down 1 pound this morning. Woot!

i do have to admit that i haven't been sticking to my weigh myself only once a week rule. i have been stepping on that evil/nice/dual personality number teller. i haven't been obsessing over what it says...okay maybe i have. this week i will not stand on that damn scale until the appropriate day. promise...well i'll promise to try.

i've been thinking about why i like the exercise so much. i have come to some conclusions about it:

  • the control-- I decide how much i'm going to exercise/lift weights. it is a measurable activity that i can do. when i eat right and count my points there's still no guarantee that i'm going to be able to see a lower number on the scale or move my ticker down. with exercise i know that if i exercise for 30 minutes, i've exercised for 30 minutes and my 3 fat chicks ticker gets to be moved. it shows progress and i like that.
  • the way it makes me feel--that's right, i like the sweat and the burn and the heavy breathing. i never thought i would, but i'm beginning to enjoy it.
  • the inches come off faster than the pounds--in total since the first time S measured me on January 17th i have lost 7 inches off my body. how cool is that?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the loss! I am starting to enjoy working out as well.

Anonymous said...

Thought I would do a quick comment and tell you that I am very impressed with your dedication and resolve. We are at about the same spot in our journey however I am still working on that exercise thing! I enjoy visiting your site daily! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the loss
it feels great doesn't it.
Keep it up!!! Apparently working out becomes addictive....we'll see! ;)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the loss!!! Glad you are enjoying your exercise, that really is the key.