dinah34 Tuesday, March 21, 2006

that's the name of my churches new exercise group. last night was the first night. three other women showed up. we did the One Mile WATP routine. they seemed to like it. next week we're going to meet an hour later so more of the working women (hah, i love that) can make it (there were about 3 people that couldn't make it because they were still on their way home from work. next week we're going to meet at 7 PM and are going to do the 2 mile WATP workout. i think i'm going to go at 6:30 and just run some laps around the gym. i have to go early too to set up the dvd player. i'm electronically challenged and it could take me a while. last night i had to get the minister to hook it all up for me cause i couldn't figure it out.

i found this on the net and i quite like it. the verse at the bottome is 1Corinthians 10:31 and it reads : "So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God" i think it's very important to remember. my church and it's members have always been caught up in fundraising and activities and plays and bake sales and teas and rummage sales and everything else that we forget that everything else we do should be/are doing for the glory of god. we forget to do things like exercise our faith (literally).

Exercise Your Faith.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Dinah...
I have to admit that I struggle with the concept of 'organized religion' but I did grow up going to an Evangelical church and I am a christian. I know I belong to God and I have a relationship with Him. I am just struggling to find a place to worship where they are not bound by rules and fear based beliefs. I think what you are doing is great. What an encouragement you must be to those women...good for you!!

Anonymous said...

ps~ how did weigh in go and I wish I was near you, I would have gone with you! The people there have been in your shoes and I don't think you need to worry at all. :)

Anonymous said...

Dinah- That is awesome about your group. I'm glad it went well, and I just think it's really great that you are doing something like that. Way to go!!

The 8 min Ab dvd is from the 80s, but it really works. I like it because it does all these different positions for 45 secs for a total of 8 mins. Who doesn't have 8 mins to give up ...you know?
It's called :08 min. Abs and Arms. They have a legs and buns one too. I'll post a link and talk about it on my blog tonight.

Anonymous said...

Great to read that you're part of an exercise group. I am sure it'll motivate you all some more!

Anonymous said...

8-WEEK Permanent weight loss programme

A UK charity is looking for people who can take part in a short market study for a product range that is clinically proven to achieve long-term weight loss in eight-out-ten people. This product is currently being investigated as a possible permanent solution to unhealthy weight gain.

A simple questionnaire will be emailed to 1,000 people, some of which will be given the opportunity to try the products free of charge as part of the study.

The weight loss programme is totally independent from diets, slimming clubs, or medicines; and has already been adopted by the NHS in the north of England who have successfully treated many of their patients over the last two years.

Once the study is finished, the charity will release its range to the general public.

The questionnaire should take less than 5 minutes to finish and, since your personal details are not required, it is completely anonymous.

Please only apply if you have tried conventional diets or exercise regimes with limited results, or if you have an issue with your weight.

Please register your interest by contacting:

Sam Barona

weightloss@izly.co.uk

Only the first 1,000 emails will be replied to. If you dont receive a reply email within 24 hours of sending it, please accept our thanks for expressing your interest.

Your help can really make a difference to millions of people!

Follow our progress by taking a look at my blog...

http://permanent-weightloss.blogspot.com/