dinah34 Saturday, March 18, 2006


it's saturday and it's a beautiful spring day. me and my friend went for an hour walk this morning in the park. it was lovely. i was going to bring my brand new pedometer to count how many steps we went, but the battery was friggin' dead this morning. ugh. i want to take it back, but are they going to accept it if it's only a dead battery?

some things i was going over in my mind:

i have to remember that when i started this trip i weighed 259 pounds. i know weigh (as of yesterday morning) i weighed 245 pounds. that is a 14 pound loss. i have to remember what i've already lost, instead of constantly focusing on how much more i have to lose.

i have lost 14 pounds.

i am exercising nearly everyday for at least 20 minutes, sometimes an hour.

i am watching what i'm eating (to a degree, there's still binging going on, but not nearly as much as there used to be).

i am eating 3 meals a day. something i haven't done since i was like 10 years old. this in itself is something i'm so proud of.

this will be a slow lifelong process. i know this, i just have to keep reminding myself. it will not go away--ever. eating properly and adequate exercise are lifelong commitments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have do sooo well so far. Keep that in mind and read this post often. Keep up the great work. I wish spring came this way...

Anonymous said...

This blog is awesome. I don't know you , but I feel so excited for you. You are doing a great job, and I think your attuitude about it is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

yes Dinah...you have done awesome..just the fact that you are working out everyday is a HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT...I struggled with that one for years.

Keep going girl
you'll be there before you know it. :)