tomorrow is the day. tomorrow i am going to join weight watchers. it's stupid but i'm scared. i'm scared to go. i feel like i'm the new kid about to start school. i'm worried i'll say the wrong thing, sit in the wrong spot, go to the wrong room, ask the wrong question. will the cool kids like me? will i succeed? i'm worried that i'm going shell out all this money and i won't lose any weight and i will have wasted all this money when we're so poor right now.
i'm also concerned about the goal weight ww picks for me. right now i'd be over the moon to weigh 200 pounds. if weight watchers says i'm supposed to weigh 160 pounds i don't know if i could ever do that. i don't know if i even want to do that. i understand that you can get your physician to set a different goal weight for you. i'm going to seriously consider this. i wonder how long you have to do that?
i'm also terrified that their scale is going to say 250 pounds or something even higher. i might cry if it says that. i know my home scale probably isn't calibrated properly and is probably reading the wrong weight, but it has been going down for me (although slowly). i'm such a worrier.
5 comments:
Don't worry about it hun - they should be sensible with your goal weight - it should be about what YOU feel comfortable with and what YOU think is acheivable. Having said that, I've never been to WW and I don't know how they do it....But still!
I know what you mean about nerves - I'm meeting a running roup for speed work tomorrow night and I'm scared because I don't really know anyone and aaarrrgh! Speed work!!! That means sprinting and I've only been running for two months....
Don't worry about it.I am sure all will be just fine. Trust me.
Can't wait to hear all about it. Don't worry about the money, this is your health we are talking about.
You'll be great! Also you know you don't have to do the WW goal. You can tell them what you want for your goal. They just want a doctors note once you reach it.
I'm excited for you. Don't be scared you will do great! You don't have to talk if you don't want to. Can't wait to see your next blog! :)
Ps. I have always found that all three of my different meetings..my scale was always higher than WW. I don't know if that's true for everyone, but I know my moms scale was always higher too.
Your first goal is 10%. You then worry about your final goal and discuss it with your leader. I have been going to WW for over a year now on and off and have never had the end goal discussion. I think you worry about that when you get closer to your goal weight range. Remember these people have been trained to provide you support and encouragement. We have the same issues about the money (as you know)but this is worth it. Be gentle with yourself. I think sometimes we are the same person with the same issues... LOL however the way I justify it is that this is the one thing I do for myself. I don't buy new clothes or things for myself. I am the Value Village/bargin hunter queen, but I deserve the money I spend on WW. And even when I am not losing weight, I am getting the support from the group and keeping focused.
Good luck. Listen hard and you will hear me cheering for you!
Bean
Thanks for visiting my blog and hey, well done on deciding to join WW. I was a little hesitant at first too but once you're there, you realise that everyone is in the same boat. I hope it went well!!? Just focus on your smaller goals and they'll soon add up!
Post a Comment